Bayview Yards is proud to present Bayview Meetups, an initiative that enables local meetup groups to fully maximize their event and impact on the Ottawa business community.
What We Offer
Bayview Yards is now offering sponsorship, through complimentary venue rental and services, digital event packages, and promotional support, to qualifying Ottawa Meetup groups.
Access to venue from 5-9PM on Monday or Tuesday
Complimentary Wi-Fi for all attendees
Event setup and tear down (including tables and chairs)
A Bayview Yards/Invest Ottawa staff member to oversee event
Full cleaning staff after the event
We'll guide your transition to a digital event format
Within these uncertain times, Bayview Yards continues to provide resources and support to Meetup groups within our program. We’ve adapted our support in response to the recent pandemic.
The Bayview Yards RBC Foundry, with a maximum capacity of 250 attendees, which includes:
- 250 chairs
- Three tables: two buffet, one registration
- A security guard for the duration of the event, if required
- Audio-visual technology: two large projector screens, two handheld microphones, one lapel microphone, two microphone stands
The Bayview Yards Training Room, with a maximum seated capacity of 40 attendees which includes:
- 20 tables and 44 chairs
- A security guard for the duration of the event, if required
- Audio-visual technology: projector, screen, microphone and speaker
- A $650.00 stipend to put towards: catering, speaker travel, furniture rental, or other items for the event (subject to approval)
Digital Event Package:
We offer guidance and support to promote and host your event digitally, which includes:
- Digital tool to host event
- Digital ad budget
- Consultation with our Event Producer
- Consultation with our Digital Marketing Manager
- Resources to guide you through the transition
Experience Bayview Yards through Virtual Reality
Walk the halls of our beautifully restored 1940s building and you’ll learn why so many choose 7 Bayview Station Road for their event.
Your meetup could be eligible for sponsorship if:
- You have a strong technology focus, support female founders and women-led firms, or are advocates for diversity and inclusion within the Ottawa business community. Sectors of particular interest, include:
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Cyber Security
- Artificial Intelligence
- You bring together industry leaders, passionate techies and entrepreneurs on a recurring basis (monthly, bi-monthly, etc…)
- Your event is free to the public and has room to grow: we have capacity for up to 250 attendees.
- The meetup’s mission and mandate closely aligns with Invest Ottawa and Bayview Yards’ mission and mandate.
- You are able to demonstrate a history of high member attendance or can provide a strategy to increase future attendance.
Have questions about these packages or eligibility? Shoot us an email.
Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence has a wide variety of exciting applications. Come explore these applications and collectively improve and grow with like minded people. Join us for our monthly meetings where we discuss a variety of topics and methods for teaching machines how to think and improve.
The Ottawa Cyber Security Meetup is an educational forum for cyber security professionals and business leaders to come together on monthly basis to enhance knowledge, to exchange ideas, to network, and to explore opportunities.
Women in Blockchain
Bringing the Ottawa community together to discuss blockchain in a relaxed setting while encouraging women in the space. In collaboration with local and global companies, we want to create an event where the general public can learn about the use cases of blockchain technology from industry professionals, lawyers, and social media crypto influencers.
Ottawa Civic Tech
Ottawa Civic Tech (YOWCT) is a community of citizens from diverse sectors and experiences who are interested in better understanding our complex social and civic challenges and building solutions at the intersection of technology, design, data, policy, entrepreneurship, advocacy, and citizen engagement.
Babies, Business & Breakfast
Fuel up on fresh business inspiration, strong coffee and connect with other like-minded parents at Babies, Business + Breakfast. Invest in yourself alongside your loved ones at these parent-friendly professional development events, complete with a children’s play area! Whether you are setting out to build a startup, launch a small business, remote work, freelance or seeking a career change, learn from guest speakers whom have built and/or worked in successful companies – all while raising their families.
Digital Build National Capital Region
Digital Built National Capital Region (dbNCR) mission is to promote networking between key stakeholders in the Architecture, Engineering, Construction, and Information Technology industries as well as Education, Institutional and Government. The infrastructure and technology sectors are becoming increasingly integrated, but there is a lack of mutual communication and understanding. A close relationship between industries, along with government cooperation, offers profound benefits to the National Capital Region. dbNCR aims to facilitate regular occurring events and workshops around the key topics relating to technology and innovation in our built environment.
WOMEN POWERING TECHNOLOGY
Women Powering Technology (WPT) is an organization created to inspire, support, elevate and empower women in technology personally, professionally and together as a community. As an organization, we create encouraging environments for women in technology. We actively champion the advancement of women in technology with valuable networking opportunities and skill-development workshops that allow members to gain insight through experiential learning with practical tools and applications. Our diverse and unique events connect women in-person and online through our website, webinars and social media. At a national and global level, we deliver broader programs that connect us with our global community, facilitating dialogue, information sharing and partnerships.
APPLY FOR THE BAYVIEW YARDS MEETUP PROGRAM
We will respond within two business days