Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to Bayview Yards
Bayview Yards is a dynamic and energized hub that serves as basecamp for some of our greatest homegrown technology talent, capabilities and companies. It is the ultimate one-stop business acceleration shop and ‘mash-up’ of technical, business and market services, resources and expertise that helps entrepreneurs and companies launch, grow and thrive, and compete with anyone in the world.
And it is home to our anchor tenant Invest Ottawa, which delivers its economic development programs from this new home, and works together with fellow academic, public and private sector program delivery partners to create an even more dynamic hotbed of innovation in our region.
Would you like to learn more?
Download our fact sheet, hear directly from an entrepreneur about the value of this one-stop business acceleration shop, and explore how members of our community can benefit from the innovation centre at Bayview Yards.
Thank you to the many distinguished speakers who joined us to celebrate an injection of $8 Million for new programs at the Innovation Centre at Bayview Yards
Your Innovation Centre at Bayview Yards
Bayview Yards Announces Eight Founding Sponsors Contributing More Than $1.3 Million
Bayview Yards, Ottawa’s one-stop business acceleration shop, today announced eight founding sponsors that are injecting more than $1.3 million to the innovation hub that serves innovators, entrepreneurs and SMEs from 7 Bayview Road in the heart of the Nation’s Capital.
Committed to fueling the city’s innovation economy, the following industry and academic leaders will provide critical investment and technology to Bayview Yards, and in many cases also to Invest Ottawa, the lead economic development agency that serves as its anchor tenant and strategic partner, over the next three years:
- Premier Sponsors: RBC, Canada’s largest bank and one of the largest banks in the world based on market capitalization; and Flex, the Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions provider that designs, manufactures and distributes intelligent products for a connected world™
- Major Sponsors: Rogers, a leading diversified Canadian communications and media company; and CIBC, a leading Canadian-based global financial institution and lead partner of Ottawa 2017 for Canada’s 150th anniversary;
- Technology Sponsor: I4C, a leading business and technology consulting company founded in Ottawa; and
- Innovation Sponsors: BDO, one of the largest national accounting and advisory partnerships in Canada; BDC, Canada’s business development bank and the only financial institution dedicated exclusively to entrepreneurs; and Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, a public college that transforms hopes and dreams into lifelong success.
GLOBAL CYBERSECURITY RESOURCE ACCELERATOR HARNESSES GLOBAL CYBER TALENT, TECHNOLOGY AND MARKET OPPORTUNITY IN CANADA’S CAPITAL
Cybersecurity is a global challenge. With the increasing adoption of digital technology across our public and private sector, growing reliance on advanced networks, software and related applications for critical infrastructure, and the emergence of the Internet of Things, the risk of cyber attacks increases exponentially each year. By 2021, the cost of cyber crime damage is expected to reach $6 trillion, and cybersecurity spending is projected to skyrocket to more than $1 trillion.
Download an Official Press Release
TAKE A SPIN
Touch or drag the circle below to explore what our innovation hub enables.
Big ideas and inventions sparked by imagination in the classroom, the lab floor, or in the garage of an emerging entrepreneur
EXPLORE THE CENTRE
See why we are Ottawa’s epicentre for innovation, business acceleration and job creation.
Come Visit Us!
Step inside our doors and:
- Discover the industry-calibre tools and equipment, expertise, and connections that will help you chart a path from idea to global market
- Chat with technology gurus, big brands and rising stars, angel investors, visionaries and artists…and immerse yourself in possibility
- Bring us your biggest entrepreneurial challenge and let us help you tackle it head-on and blow past key hurdles
- Design, build and demonstrate your technology together with the resident experts in our Digital Media Lab and Maker Space
- Hatch new ideas as you link with brilliant minds
- Glow with pride as you marvel at the achievements of our innovators, entrepreneurs and community – and the new jobs, companies and investment that spring from them
Welcome to MadeMill
MadeMill is a one-stop advanced manufacturing and digital media production lab, and the creative heart of Bayview Yards. MadeMill offers professional services, education, open-source design solutions, innovative showcases and demonstrations to entrepreneurs, firms and members of our local, national and global innovation community! Most importantly, it serves as a gateway to Ottawa’s vibrant and creative ecosystem.
Download an Overview of Services
Special thanks to our generous founding sponsors
Bayview Yards extends sincere thanks to the City of Ottawa, the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada for their significant contribution to this initiative.