Bayview Yards Prototyping Lab has both the equipment and the design expertise in-house. Our team of experts are agile and work quickly, without compromising quality or performance. The capabilities of our shop are vast; we use advanced design, prototyping, and manufacturing equipment, tools and technologies.Request a Consultation
Have you had the opportunity to visit the Lab yet?
Tour our facility virtually and learn more about the capabilities of our state-of-the-art equipment. Virtually Tour the Workshop Virtually Tour Our 3D Printers
The addition of the Metal X, our first 3D printer capable of printing in metal, has revolutionized the projects we deliver for our clients in many ways. The Metal X creates fully functional, real metal parts –prototypes and end-use parts alike – with capabilities that allow for complex geometric designs that can’t be machined. Combined with post-processing tools such as mills, welding, and drills, we can integrate precision metal into your prototyping process.
- Low volume, complex parts
- Strong and durable
- Metals such as Stainless Steel, Copper, Aluminum, Titanium and more
- Can be inlayed with composites and other materials
3D printing allows for the creation of parts that couldn’t be made by any other means. Produce a cost-efficient model that creates a real visualization of the size and feel of your product. This is especially useful for early concept user testing as it ensures a more refined finished product.
- 3D printing systems: FDM, SLA, ADAM, MJF
- Composite materials include : PLA, ASA, ULTEM , ONYX, PC, ABS, ABS M30i, ANTERO
- Various bed sizes and fidelity levels
- Quality ranging from functional engineered to representative models
CNC machines enable repeatability, replication, and consistency which are all critical benefits when making design iterations and small production runs. Our carefully curated list of machines ensures we can quickly fabricate your functional prototype, machine parts and components in a variety of materials and finishes.
We combine the flexibility of traditional tools with specialized CNC to fabricate functional parts.
- CNC 4 axis waterjet cutter, router and mill
- Work with and cut almost any material in a variety of sizes
- Processes include: bending, drilling, hole punching, gluing, grinding, laser cutting, flame and plasma cutting, routing, picking and placing, ultrasonic welding and more
- Depth control & profiling with extreme precision
- Variety of constructing tools, dies, molds, jigs, and fixtures
Electronics: Design & Fabrication
We have a robotics and electronics designer ready to assist clients with their smart device, IoT, and electronics prototypes. We have the ability to mill, soldered, and assemble boards to conduct basic functional analysis, prior to testing and certification. We use off the shelf components to reduce risk and debug your design (before committing to custom design your PCBs). This is an inexpensive and quick way to identify design challenges and iterate to solve them. These services offer solutions to build and connect complex technologies and augment software offerings.
- PCB schematic design, milling and printing double sided boards
- Sensors, indicators, actuators
- Communications to connect to devices or internet
- Signal & Voltage Design Testing Tools
Digital Storytelling: Photography & Videography
Our digital storytelling services combine professional videography and high-quality photography to ensure you can effectively capture your product and business. Combine our graphic design, with digital renderings to enhance your digital assets. Then use our manufacturing tools to bring your brand story to life.
- Video Production
- 3D Scanning Services
- Full range of Photography Services
- Creative branding concepts
Want to Know More About the Capabilities of our Lab?
Deep Dive into the Specs of our Equipment.
Connect with us to discuss your idea or project.
We’ll Help You to Select the Best Tools to Execute Your Product Idea
Validate your concept using a systematic process with proven results.